Monimail Community Council
Minutes of meeting, 12th October 2009
Present : D. Dallas; W. Fenton; B. Forrest; J. Gordon; S. Jones; G. MacLean; K. MacLean; J. Vaughan
Cllr D. Lothian; S. Goodfellow : Fife Council Roads & Transportation
2. Apologies : A. Arbuckle, H. Laidlaw, P. Laidlaw, G. Smith
3. Minutes of Previous Meeting : accepted
- 4. Matters Arising
Letham Toll : BEAR Scotland : Three letters have been sent to BEAR regarding the Footpath to Ballantager and also the kerb area at the Toll however there has been no response as yet.
– Travel Plan : no update.
Whinney Park : It appears that the work required here is being passed between the Roads Department & Drainage.
Monimail Cemetry : The slabs have been replaced at Monimail mail box but two more are needed, one at Pathcondie road end and one at top of The Row – C.Gilbert to check this.
Tree Trimming : B.T. will not do this and it was again suggested that David Stewart be approached.
Bow Road Sewage : John Vaughan has contacted Scottish Water – a ditch was dug out by Scottish water who say overflow is acceptable. Ann Marie Dewer from Scottish water is to attend next c.c. meeting.
Tree Preservation Order : Cllr Arbuckle has the work for this in hand
Bow of Fife Speed – council has in hand , flashing speed indicators will be erected (possibly this year). A Speed check has not actually been done at the Bow ,but at the Deer centre.
Well Tree Area Ownership : Cllr Arbuckle is looking into this
Satellite Dishes / Conservation Area :
The Community Council have contacted people in the Village who have Satellite Dishes that do not comply with Planning and one of them is arranging for their Dish to be moved. Chris Smith from planning offered to come to a special meeting between 9am and 5pm but it was thought that this would not be helpful as most people work.
Colin G. to see if Mr Smith could come to next meeting.
Tenants in Benisla did not know Letham is Conservation Village, however their Landlord should be well aware as the property owner. Possibility of a welcome pack was once more discussed. There were several comments about people not being allowed to use UPVC windows and doors.
Wood Shed / Bow of Fife :
Planning has not been not applied for, however there is apparently retrospective permission now being sought. There was also an issue raised whereby Neighbours had not received individual notification of an extension plan that was given permission.
Local Plan :
The Tremlins – The Rotherams want to build a house behind the school in the woodland area they own and have approached the Community Council in help assessing the opinion of Village Residents prior to seeking approval for extending village envelope. The plan is for a House in part of land with the remainder of about 3 acres for use of village.
Donald Dallas v against this reckons flood gates would open if the envelope was changed.
Possibility of investigating village trust set up .
Cllr Donald Lothian said the Local Plan now being updated and anyone can apply for an expansion. The Plan will be up for consideration with a final say by Christmas.
Donald Dallas. and Jim Rotheram are to put out questionnaire/proposal to the village and they will collect responses. Information about this will also be posted on the Village Website and Notice Boards
6. Treasurer’s Report : The account balance stands at £1766.24
7. Village Hall Report :
Donald Dallas gave a talk on 9th October about “Old Letham” which was very well attended and a great success. There is a Silent Auction due to be held on Saturday 14th November – the Hall Committee will gratefully accept any donations for this!
8. Playpark :
Nothing to report
9. Climate Challenge Fund : Climate challenge fund received a further grant of £114.000.
The Energy Survey is currently in progress, mainly domestic and it can also be filled in online.
It was mentioned that the utility companies will also do this for you!
10. Community Wood : Nothing to report exceot A.G.M will be coming up soon
11. Questions :
12. Any Other Business :
– Bus shelter needs repairing. Transportation to look into this.
– Is there any possibility of a footpath at corner by Telephone Exchange? The path from Ballantager stops here and the only route is to either walk on the road or cross the Row at a busy junction onto a footpath on the other side. Stewart Goodfellow to look into this and the possibility of tarring.
13. Date of Next Meeting : Monday 14th December 2009, Letham Village Hall, 7.30pm
OCTOBER 2009 ISSUE
** “OLD LETHAM” NIGHT
**** DATE CHANGE ****
LETHAM VILLAGE HALL
FRIDAY 9th OCTOBER 2009
** COFFEE MORNING
(IN AID OF HALL FUNDS)
SATURDAY 10thth OCTOBER
10AM – 12NOON
(RAFFLE DRAWN 11.30AM)
** LETHAM NIGHTS
LETHAM VILLAGE HALL
SATURDAY 17th OCTOBER 2009
See attached Leaflet
** SILENT AUCTION / AUCTION OF PROMISES
LETHAM VILLAGE HALL
SATURDAY 14th NOVEMBER 2009
MORE INFORMATION AT START OF NOVEMBER